Wednesday, October 26, 2011

no sso token, setting status to invalid session


I rebuilt the development environment for my customer the other day. It was a fairly simple job since it's only a single box setup.

In this development, we have specifically named the Cookie Name as "dsiPlanetDirectoryPro", instead of the default "iPlanetDirectoryPro".

Nothing special.

So I had the following set up for the agent. I renamed the default cookie name to "dsiPlanetDirectoryPro".



But I hit the following error when the agent container is started. The agent debug logs as follows:

2011-10-21 20:01:02.151MaxDebug 29740:16af2ab0 AM_POLICY_SERVICE: am_policy_compare_urls: Comparison of "https://dsxxx.xxx.com:443/RA/MainMenu.html" and "https://dsxxx.xxx.com:443/am/UI/Logout" returned AM_NO_MATCH (usePatterns=false)


2011-10-21 20:01:02.151MaxDebug 29740:16af2ab0 all: is_url_not_enforced(): URL https://dsxxx.xxx.com:443/RA/MainMenu.html is enforced.

2011-10-21 20:01:02.151 Debug 29740:16af2ab0 all: am_web_get_parameter_value(): Param Name = dsiPlanetDirectoryPro, & Param Value = NULL, status not found


2011-10-21 20:01:02.151 Debug 29740:16af2ab0 all: am_web_is_access_allowed()(https://dsxxx.xxx.com:443/RA/MainMenu.html,GET): no sso token, setting status to invalid session.

2011-10-21 20:01:02.151 Info 29740:16af2ab0 all: am_web_is_access_allowed()(https://dsxxx.xxx.com:443/RA/MainMenu.html, GET) returning status: invalid session.

2011-10-21 20:01:02.151 Info 29740:16af2ab0 all: process_request(): Access check for URL https://dsxxx.xxx.com:443/RA/MainMenu.html returned invalid session.

2011-10-21 20:01:02.151 Debug 29740:16af2ab0 all: process_request(): AM_INVALID_SESSION, will redirect (post data: (null))

2011-10-21 20:01:02.151MaxDebug 29740:16af2ab0 all: am_web_get_url_to_redirect: goto URL is https://dsxxx.xxx.com:443/RA/MainMenu.html


The behavior at the browser is the user is being redirected recursively until it gives up!


I spent a considerable amount of effort debugging. It's very strange because production site is working fine. So, some settings must have been wrong in this new development server.

In the end, I realized it was a careless mistake of mine - I have forgotten to rename the cookie name for the default server settings!!








The cookie name was still "iPlanetDirectoryPro", which is wrong for our development environment.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment