Since the topic on Microsoft SQL/Oracle is still hot, I read further and I'm amused Microsoft has the following comparison chart on their website:
Looks really good on Microsoft's capability. :)
Well ... one has to evaluate whether or not the product chosen is the right one for his environment.
1. The amount of data that you're going to have now
2. The growth rate of the data
3. The performance you're expecting
4. The budget that you're given
5. The ease of use (during developing and during operational)
6. The People that you have
I'm definitely not jumping into the conclusion on who is better.