The application which resides on the Web Server 7 gets protected Policy Agent and redirected to the OpenSSO Login Page. However, when he keyed in valid username and password, the browser kept hanging on the OpenSSO Login Page.
From the Policy log in OpenSSO Enterprise Server, I noticed that there was lot of communications between the agent and the server (even though the browser looks "hang" on the Login Page). The following segment keeps repeating.
From the amAgent log, I noticed the following:
2010-11-09 14:41:47.618 Warning 25919:815c858 ServiceEngine: Service::getPolicyResult():Result size is 0,tree not present for http://ok.sso.mo.sg:8080/index.html2010-11-09 14:41:47.618MaxDebug 25919:815c858 AM_POLICY_SERVICE: am_policy_compare_urls(): compare usePatterns=true returned 0
2010-11-09 14:41:47.618MaxDebug 25919:815c858 AM_POLICY_SERVICE: am_policy_compare_urls(): compare usePatterns=true returned 4
2010-11-09 14:41:47.618 Debug 25919:815c858 all: Policy time stamp for resource http://ok.sso.mo.sg:8080/* is (1289284876056000)2010-11-09 14:41:16.056.
2010-11-09 14:41:47.618 Info 25919:815c858 all: Policy node http://ok.sso.mo.sg:8080/* marked stale due to time out.
Something is fishy. This has something to do with time sync.
I checked and confirmed that the 2 servers (OpenSSO Enterprise Server and the Web Server) were in different time zone. I tweaked with NTP and made them sync with the same clock.
Re-run and the policy agent works like a charm!