This is quite a major release with a long list of new features and enhancement.
My favorites are always those from my own customers:
- New OpenAM Core Token Service (CTS)
- Adaptive authentication capabilities now include the Device Print authentication module
- OpenAM now fully supports Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) in addition to IPv4.
- OpenAM now fully supports Java 7 environments.
- OpenAM Session failover has been modified to be simpler to deploy
- The Persistent Cookie module has been added to support configuration of cookie lifetimes, based on requests and a maximum time.
- The AMLoginModule now lets authentication modules retrieve the list of current session tokens for a user
- The REST authenticate command now has a parameter to specify the client IP address
- You can now prevent OpenAM from caching subject evaluations for policy decisions