In October, I blogged about Mobile Device Management and I was thinking aloud about how a traditional IDM product can add-on a new feature to provision to a MDM product.
The next feature will definitely be able to bridge the gap between identities from enterprise customers (most likely, in-house Microsoft Active Directory) and MDM products. I do not think we should cross the path of building a MDM product from scratch. That would be too far-fetching.
This would be a one-stop solution.
This morning, an email came from SailPoint announcing the release of IdentityIQ 6.2.
Dream comes true! Yes, indeed.
Highlights of what’s included in the new release:
- First of its kind integration with mobile device management (MDM) solutions from AirWatch, Good and MobileIron
- Re-styled user interface with crisp, clean look-and-feel
- Expanded scalability support for critical IAM processes
- Enhanced administrative user experience with improvements to workflow and quick link configuration
- Separation-of-duty (SoD) policy simulation
- End user tablet support (iPad)
- Integration support for STEALTHbits, Cyber-Ark and Microsoft FIM
- Expanded healthcare integration with Epic & GE Centricity connectors
These days, any IAMS product will want to get "friendly" with mobile devices. Why not? It's a super huge market in the mobile space.