Just realized I took a long break from blogging. So, I took a long holiday in December to make a family trip to Taiwan. Nice place to be in! In fact, I visit Taiwan frequently. This time round, we went to the eastern side of Taiwan - Taitung area.
So, we have a long time customer who is using OpenDJ as a centralized user store. Few weeks back, he emailed to notify me that he found some "weird" user entries with DN as such:
A similar entry was found in the same OpenDJ:
This is a naming conflict that only happens for replayed operations in a MMR setup.
I am not able to find any documentation from OpenDJ. Here are 2 links that talk about this naming conflict:
In short, remove the entry which is older.