Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Gluu Unexpected Error - login.errorSessionInvalidMessage

I was testing Cache Refresh in Gluu Server 3.1.6 with Microsoft Active Directory being my backend source server. 

After configuration, I hit into the following error when I wanted to simulate an end-user login.




So I went to /opt/gluu/jetty/oxauth/logs/oxauth.log and saw the following debug log:

(AuthorizeAction.java:253) - Failed to get CustomScriptConfiguration. auth_step: 1, acr_values: auth_ad_server




I'm stuck! No way to log in either as Gluu Administrator or end-user.

My last resort was to tweak the configuration database directly. In this case, OpenDJ directory server is the configuration database that Gluu Server is using.


The entry to search for looks similar to dn: inum=@!1E3B.F133.14FA.5062!0002!4B66.CF9C,ou=appliances,o=gluu



Quite obvious the configuration is screwed. I have no idea how auth_ad_server got set as the values for oxAuthenticationMode and oxTrustAuthenticationMode when it's enabled value is false!





Manually set them back to auth_ldap_server. Restart oxAuth server. Done!



The login page is back.

.



2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am new to Gluu server and I am having the same issue. Can you please help me with the steps to fix this issue? What application or tool did you use to get into the database?

    Thanks!

    Jeffry from Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I was able to get details by connecting to gluu LDAP local server via Apache Directory Studio, however, no further info for the local Admin user and the parameter you modified.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete