The current version of OpenDS is 2.2.
Anyway, that aside, the embedded OpenDS comes with a number of sub-folders left empty.
E.g. bin, classes, lib
Without the executables in bin directory, there is no way to backup the configuration data which are all stored in the OpenDS.
What's the workaround?
1. Go to the j2ee-modules in GlassFish application deployment directory
2. Copy OpenDS.jar and je.jar to lib directory in OpenDS
3. Go to OpenDS 1.0 website
4. Download the zip file (Note: Do not download the latest OpenDS 2.2 zip file. It will bomb.)
5. Upload _mixed-script.sh, _server-script.sh, _client-script.sh and _script-util.sh to lib directory in OpenDS
6. Upload to executables to bin directory in OpenDS
For me, I'm only interested in backup, export-ldif and status since my environment is going LIVE soon.