There is a whole bunch of new features and bug fixes with this release. Take a look at the long release notes if you can.
Of the many new features, the followings are my favorites:
- OpenDJ now provides native RESTful access over HTTP to directory data
- OpenDJ now lets you delegate authentication to another LDAP directory service, such as Active Directory. The feature is called pass through authentication (PTA)
- OpenDJ now lets you filter access and audit logs to focus on messages that interest you
- The OpenDJ dictionary password validator can now check whether a password value contains dictionary words as substrings
- OpenDJ now uses Berkeley JE 5, which brings many performance improvements
- OpenDJ now lets you execute control-panel as any user, not only the user who installed OpenDJ
There are really many new features in this release. Bug fixes as well.
I do not think the other company can catch up with the same old code base, given the pace ForgeRock is going. :)
Well done, guys in ForgeRock!